
Other than a slightly rough start getting here everything has been lovely. Just for purposes of laughter I will write down what has happened so far. Luckily I made it to my gate in time to board after 45 minutes going through security. Once getting on the plane we sat on the ground for two and a half hours. We were about to take off when another pilot had noticed something on our wheel so we had to return to our gate for maintenance to check it out. There was some tape with the air pressure still stuck to the wheel from the new tires that were put on the night before. I didn’t have time to eat before hand and the plane ran out of food. Then I arrived too late for the leasing office to let me in to my apartment so luckily the concierge helped me out. On top of that my furniture delivery got messed up and wasn’t delivered and neither was a package that was supposed to be here with all of my towels, bedding, dress shoes, etc., which I just found out wont get here till Thursday. So since I didn’t have a place to sleep or anything to take a shower I checked into a hotel. Luckily the Internet guy showed up today and hopefully my furniture will soon as well.
Now on the brighter side. The sky is blue, the weather is a good cold, my lsat books wont be here till the end of the week, and I have an excuse to go shopping. I love my apartment. It’s in a cool part of Crystal City that seems to be relatively close to a lot and it’s really big for being in DC. It has a huge closet and huge balcony where I can see the river and the airstrip at Reagan. It has two gyms and an underground passage to an underground mall that also connects to the metro. Most of the people I’ve ran into have been young and nice. I’ve characterized the apartment complex as kind of a retro L.A. type motif so it has some style. And my favorite part of the apartment by far is my bathroom with sea foam green tile… just because that’s Whitney’s favorite color ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment