Thursday, January 15, 2009
Week 2
[Economic Recovery Working Group Hearing, You can see me at 59:30 Minutes]
So this week I had some pretty cool experiences. I took half of my lunch break on Tuesday to go listen to a committee meeting concerning the second half of the bailout money. Several of the congressman were there commenting about it. It was interesting to see how people responded. I think the funniest part was listening to Ron Paul. The guys was cracking me up… everyone was really serious but I couldn’t keep from laughing at him. The guy was really intense.
The best part by far was going to the Economic Recovery Working Group Hearing with Mitt Romney and Meg Whitman as the speakers. Jeff took me in the back since they weren’t letting many people in. As you will see in the video there were a few people permitted, mostly journalists, to stay in front. The rest of the people in the room were Congressman and their chiefs of staff sitting behind them. So we went through the back room and Jeff had me sit against the wall with the other chiefs of staff.
Afterwards Jeff introduced me to Mitt. Tall guy. He introduced me telling him who’s son I was and that I was interning for him. He was very nice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_romney
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg_Whitman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You look like you are having so much fun! Keep it real baller. We are going to miss you in Vegas.
Post a Comment