Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ushering In The New



It has been an eventful year. There have been many tragedies this year and many with close friends and family. Everything from losing loved ones, divorce, serious health issues, drugs, legal issues, economic struggles, and anything else you can think of. But there have also been many triumphs. Everything from births, marriages, graduations, missions, callings, new careers, new friends, new family, new relationships, and some very good and optimistic opportunities and accomplishments.

I’ve never personally made a new years resolution. But I am going to make two right now.

The first, I am going to strive to do the things that I know truly make me happy. I think one of the hardest things in life is realizing what those things are and doing them without getting distracted. Too much time is wasted doing things that either hinder our growth or distract us from growing. When I sit down and think about these things it is usually pretty clear what actions make me feel good and which ones don’t. I think God is usually pretty good at helping us figure that out. But more than just morally, I want to start finding the extra curricular and educational things that personally give me joy and focus on doing them.

Second, I am going to recognize and seek people that have these same aspirations. There are people in my life that I have this in common with. For those I want to make a greater effort to be a good friend and do my best to have as many fun and adventurous memories as possible. This year I am also going to make the effort to meet many new people that have similar interests and do my best to be a great friend to them as well.

This will be an amazing year. I am so excited for everyone and the blessing we all have to continue to progress or to turn things around. Very happy new year!

1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

stated perfectly... amazing that we talked about this last night. our conversation was almost identical. ;) miss you.