Sunday, February 8, 2009

Inauguration


[United States Capitol, January 20, 2009. Inauguration of President Barack Obama]

I went to the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States at the United States Capitol. Despite being terribly cold it actually turned out to be fine. Although I’m obviously not an Obama fan the day was pretty good. I don’t know whose idea it was to ride bikes but it turned out to be a great idea, although the side we came in on ended up shutting us off from where we were supposed to be which was a bummer since we didn’t get as close as we should have. The coolest part was riding back. They ended up shutting the freeways down so we got to ride bikes in the middle of the freeway. It probably took everyone else hours to get out of there, whereas it took us about 20 minutes to get home.

No comments: