
[Lazy Cheetah]
Now that I’ve been here for a little bit I have a few routines. Weekends I catch up on my sleep. After getting up and doing at least one productive thing I usually take a nap. Its been too cold to do much outside which is finally starting to change. Usually I’ll start off Saturday eating breakfast at Harry’s Tap Room in Pentagon City. They have the best benedicts known to mankind. Although, I did find a nice little café yesterday in DC right by the Capitol that makes good omelets. I’ve also started to go down to the Eastern Market. The Eastern Market is a flea market they have every weekend in DC. Yesterday I went and bought a cool old cigar box to hold my watch straps, some homemade empanadas, tamales, salsa, and finally some bratwursts, which I cooked today. So good. Bratwursts always make me think of my brothers. We will have to have a big cook out when Justin gets home.

[Library of Congress, Washington, DC.]
Yesterday I also went over to the Library of Congress, which was really cool. I always complain about the US having a lack of culture but DC actually has some style. The library was very ornate and the surrounding area really is great. The entire mall area is amazing. Anyway, I was able to see the remains of Thomas Jefferson’s original library, which he sold to Congress after their library was burned down. His library was the biggest private library in the United States at the time. Today the Library of Congress is the biggest library in the world. The library also has a Gutenburg Bible on display right now. This was the first bible to ever be printed on a printing press, or with metal type. There are 48 left and 21 in mint condition.

[Page from Gutenburg Bible]
No comments:
Post a Comment