Sunday, February 8, 2009

Official Inaugural Ball



My favorite part of the day was going to the Official Inaugural Ball. It was fun. Darien and I were invited by Congressman Flake and his family so we were able to attend. I got to wear my new tux, which I was excited about. Other than waiting an hour for a cab, then sitting in traffic for an hour to only get a few blocks then walking another several blocks in subzero temperatures the night was great. We got in took some pictures, got some food, and then ran into the Flakes. They were nice enough to invite us to tag along with them the rest of the night. So we went and danced for a little bit then ended up running over to an Arizona ball. Anyway, it was pretty cool. There were random celebrities. The funniest story was Alexis Flake going to talk to Tyra Banks when her bodyguard stopped her and said, “Tyra isn’t seeing people tonight” and Alexis responding, “Good, neither am I!”

1 comment:

Darien said...

Oh hey Mr. Blog. I made it. I agree, bikes were the best despite the freezing temperatures. Let me know when it heats up in your town.